Study How to Apply

Attention: open in a new window. PDFPrintE-mail

How to apply for MA/PhD Degrees

Applications to MA or PhD degrees at the universities of Leeds and Sheffield are accepted throughout the year but in order to be considered for a scholarship applications are encouraged by 15 January.

Sheffield University PhD Degrees

Sheffield University MA Degrees

Leeds University PhD and MA Research Degrees

Leeds University Taught MA Degrees

How to Apply for a Scholarship

WREAC scholarships

After being accepted by either the universities of Sheffield or Leeds, UK resident applicants, which the funding council defines as people with three years of residency in Great Britain prior to beginning their studies, should submit a CV and research proposal to the WREAC Office by the deadline of 15 March to apply for a WREAC scholarship.

Other scholarships

University of Sheffield

Non-UK resident applicants applying should submit a scholarship application prior to the university deadline of 1 February to be eligible for a competitive scholarship.

University of Leeds

Candidates seeking a scholarship should visit the Research Student Admin website to see the range of scholarships available and note the deadlines in each case.




NIJS logonics_small

The University of Leeds logo with a link to the UoL Department of East Asian Studies.

The University of Sheffield logo with a link to the UoS School of East Asian Studies.

Logo of the National Insitute of Chinese Studies

Logo of the National Insitute of Japanese Studies

© White Rose East Asia Centre 2008.