Visit my staff profile at the University of Sheffield for the most detailed and up-to-date version of my profile.
- 'Hybrid Anglo-Japanese loanwords in Korean', Linguistics 35(1) (1997): 133-166.
- 'The phonology of English loan-words in Korean', Word 51(3) (2000): 377-404.
- 'Script 'borrowing', cultural influence and the development of the written vernacular in East Asia', in Thomas McAuley (ed.) Language Change in East Asia ( London : Curzon Press, 2001), 180-204.
- 'The Asukaike word-list slat and pre-Sino-Japanese phonology', in Thomas McAuley (ed.) Language Change in East Asia ( London : Curzon Press, 2001), 143-160.
- 'The 'ideal square' of logographic scripts and the structural similarities of Khitan script and han'gul ', in Sang-Oak Lee, Gregory K. Iverson, with Sang-cheol Ahn and Young-mee Yu Cho (eds.) Pathways into Korean Language and Culture: Essays in Honor of Young-key Kim-Renaud (Seoul: Pagijong Press, 2002), 441-461.