+44 (0)113 343 3415
Areas of Expertise
BA Sofia; MA Kyoto; PhD London.
Visit my staff profile at the University of Leeds for the most detailed and up-to-date version of my profile.
- 'In the Flesh: The Historical Unconscious of Ishikawa Jun's Fugen', in Nina Cornyetz and J. Keith Vincent (eds) Perversion in Modern Japan: Psychoanalysis, Literature, Culture (2009) pp 203-221.
- 'Wagahai wa neko de aru satsujin jiken as a Postmodern Sequel' in Eiji Sekine (ed.), Japanese Narrativity and Poeticity Revisited, West Lafayette, Indiana: Association for Japanese Literary Studies, Purdue University, 2003, pp. 332-344. (PAJLS: Proceedings of the Association for Japanese Literary Studies, vol.4)
- (with Bratislav Ivanov) 'Za rolyata na ieroglifite v kitaskiya leksikalen plast na yaponskiya ezik' (On the role of characters in the Chinese lexical level of Japanese) (in Bulgarian), Sapostavitelno ezikoznanie/Contrastive Linguistics 20:2 (1995), pp. 80-88.
- 'A Postmodern Nationalism? Form and Ideology in Japanese Film'. Tenth Asian Studies Conference Japan, 24-25 June 2006, International Christian University, Japan.
- 'Ishikawa Jun's Fugen, or the Political Unconscious of Modernism'. Eleventh annual meeting of the European Association for Japanese Studies, 31 August-3 September 2005, University of Vienna, Austria.
- 'Takami Jun and the Politics of Representation'. Joint East Asian Studies Conference, 6-8 September 2004, Bretton Hall, University of Leeds.