Visit my staff profile at the University of Leeds for the most detailed and up-to-date version of my profile.
- 'Which Destruction: Responses to Destruction in Seventeenth-Century China.' In The Archaeology of Destruction, edited by Lila Rakoczy. Newcastle upon Tyne: Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2008, 90-106.
- 'The market for Letter Collections in Seventeenth-Century China.' Chinese Literature: Essays, Articles, Reviews 28 (2006): 127-159.
- 'Privacy and Letter Writing in Han and Six Dynasties China.' In Bonnie S. McDougall & Anders Hansson eds. Chinese Concepts of Privacy. Leiden: Brill, 2002, 97-118.
- 'Zhou Lianggong and Chidu xinchao: Genre and Political Marginalisation in the Ming-Qing Transition.' East Asian History 20 (December 2000): 61-82.
- 'The Chidu in Late Ming and Early Qing China.' Unpublished Ph.D. dissertation, Australian National University, 1998.
- Yu, Feng. 'Chronicle of a City.' Translated by David Pattinson. In Martha P. Cheung ed., Hong Kong Collage: Contemporary Stories and Writing. Hong Kong: Oxford University Press, 1998, 18-33.
- Letters by Xie Zhaozhi, Chen Hongxu and Wang Shizhen. Translated by David Pattinson. In Renditions 41-42 (Special 21st anniversary issue: Classical Letters, Spring and Autumn 1994), 92-93, 98-101, 114-117.