Visit Dr. Bhubhindar Singh's departmental page at Nanyang Technological University for further details.
Bhubhindar Singh is Assistant Professor at the S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. His previous appointments include Lecturer in Japanese Studies at the School of East Asian Studies, University of Sheffield, and Associate Research Fellow at the Institute of Defence and Strategic Studies, Singapore. His research interests include the international relations of Northeast Asia with a special focus on Japan’s security policy, and the international relations of Southeast Asia. He has published in the European Journal of International Relations, The Pacific Review, Asian Survey, The Round Table, Contemporary Southeast Asia and Issues & Studies; and is presently preparing a monograph entitled ‘Japanese Security Identity Transformation: From a Peace-State to an International-State’ (Routledge).
- Singh, B. and Shetler-Jones, P. (forthcoming) "Japan's reconceptualization of national security: the impact of globalization," International Relations of the Asia-Pacific,.
- Singh, B. "The evolution of Japan's security relations with Southeast Asia," The Round Table: The Commonwealth Journal of International Affairs, Vol. 99, No. 409, August 2010, pp. 375-386.
- Singh, B. "Peacekeeping in Japanese security policy: International-Domestic Contexts Interaction", European Journal of International Relations, available at OnlineFirst from 10 May 2010, http://ejt.sagepub.com/pap.dtl.
- Singh, B. "Japan and East Asian regional cooperation" in See Seng Tan (ed.), Collaboration Under Anarchy: Functional Regionalism and the Security of East Asia, RSIS Monograph No. 15, 2009, Singapore, pp. 90-102.
- Singh, B. "Japan's security policy: from a peace state to an international state", The Pacific Review, Vol. 21, No. 3, September 2008, pp. 303-325.
- Singh, B. "ASEAN's perceptions of Japan: change and continuity", in Asian Survey Vol. 42, No. 2, March/April 2002, pp. 279-296.
- Singh, B. "Japan's post-Cold War security policy: bringing back the normal state", Contemporary Southeast Asia, Vol. 24, No. 1, April 2002, pp. 82-105.
- Singh, B. "The 1998 North Korean missile launch and the 'normalization' of Japanese statehood", Issues & Studies, Vol. 37, No. 3, May/June 2001, pp. 142-162.
- "Japan's New Security Imperative: The function of globalization", RSIS Working Paper, 209, October 2010. (With Phiip Shetler-Jones)
- "Japan's security identity transformation: from a 'peace-state' to 'international-state'", in Globalisation, Regionalisation, and National Policy Systems, ICCLP Publications No. 9, University of Tokyo, 2006, pp. 541-570.